Decent Charmander Event of 2017

Updated on September 10, 2017 in General Discussion
7 on September 6, 2017

Been a while since i just went for a walk and caught stuff. Stopped by Nob Hill for a walk and lo and behold it’s a Charmander nest. Not quite as lucrative as Challenger Park last year, but 11 firetails in 50 minutes is not too shabby.

More importantly, the walk was quite pleasant. The park was full of families and soccer players and beautiful weather and happiness.

I suggest a few laps on a sunny evening around somewhere with a bunch of pokestops. Get back to the old school.

• Liked by
5 on September 7, 2017

Dayam, that’s a lot of Charmander!  The weather is so nice right now, that I’m also going back to my roots and hunting instead of raiding.  Pine Gully Park is Jynx again, which brings back (fond?) memories of grinding for my ice badge there.  Instead of happy families playing, though, I had the whole park to myself because it’s closed to car traffic due to storm damage (pier is shut off, and I think that’s why most people went there anyway).  Challenger 7 Park is Houndour, so we could start whole new memories there, if anyone has insufficient numbers of Ttar still and wants to have a Houndoom army for Mewtwo.  I’m not 100% sure that park is open either, though.  Stupid Harvey.

Trainer
on September 8, 2017

I went by Challenger Park yesterday before i went to WHP. It was closed. Totally bummed. Could have been the Houndour event of 2017. I might check again later. Would love to make some more Houndooms. 

Also, I remember the Jynx at Pine Gully Park. I thought that was going to be where I would finish my ice medal. But I didn’t end up finishing it until a few weeks later during the Getting Lost in the Frost event at Herman Park. Aaaah memories. The game has given us some good ones.:-)

Trainer
on September 8, 2017

Not Herman Park. I meant Memorial Park. Those Jynx were everywhere.

Trainer
on September 8, 2017

I hear Challenger is open until 4 PM now, so I’m going to try it tomorrow

Trainer
on September 9, 2017

Yeah, I talked to Brian last night. He said he got in the front gate but you still couldn’t go in the back. Does that sound right?

Trainer
on September 10, 2017

I went today, and the whole thing was open.  The grass was nice and crunchy with dried mud, trending to really squishy and muddy toward the water… but yes, lots of Houndours.  Hard to get as excited about them as Charmanders, but I had a nice time.  Pine Gully is better, though.  Just need a good nest… and new pokemon.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 on September 8, 2017

A few more laps last night yielded only six more, but I’m digging this stuff. The fam is out of town and I intend to get in some me time like this.

But agreed. Stupid Harvey.

• Liked by
Cancel