Gyms will be disabled starting June 19

Updated 3 days ago in General Discussion
16 on June 17, 2017

https://twitter.com/PokemonGoApp/status/876152476143169536

NianticGeorge on TSR says probably sometime during business hours Pacific Daylight Time.  No word on how long they will be down.  My very uninformed guess is that there will be an update released Monday that necessitates gym shutdown until all players get access to the update.  These things usually hit the Apple store on Thursday, so that’s my guess as to how long the gyms will be down.  I’ve heard other guesses out there, too (one that they won’t be back until the Chicago anniversary event, but I think that would be unlikely).

• Liked by
1 on June 17, 2017

Thanks for the news. Going to have to grab some gyms tomorrow. Hopefully we can still pull in coins and dust while the gyms are off limits.

Trainer
6 days ago

Gyms will be emptied, and no gym coins available while they’re offline.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 6 days ago

This is from the Niantic Support page

• Liked by
Cancel

Well @#&%. My lucky Blissey cash cow won’t be my cash cow any more. @#&%.

Mod
5 days ago

Blissey will become another “used to be great” pokemon in your pokebag

Trainer
5 days ago

Likely. It’s not even that awesome of a Blissey. It’s an 84IV with the right moves sitting at 2431. I didn’t spend that much time on it. I beefed it up a little and put it in a rural gym in Washington state when on vacation, expecting it to last maybe a week. It sat there since 4/13 – that’s 680+ coins and 34000+ dust for a few minutes of prestiging.

Oddly, it’s still marked as at a gym. Guess they haven’t returned them yet.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
1 5 days ago

My defenders are still in stuck in non-existent gyms, too.  I suspect we can continue to collect coins as long as they remain marked as being in gyms.  Time to set the alarm again, as it’s not clear how long this will last.

Trainer
3 days ago

Ooo, I hate you. My lucky Blissey was kicked out the day after gyms went down. I could have used a few more coins in my pocket.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
3 4 days ago

Does this mean that if you hadn’t hit the gold medal for ace trainer, that gold badge is legacy?

Trainer
4 days ago

Yup, you’ll constantly be reminded of what you should have done.

Trainer
3 days ago

Oh snap. That sucks.

Trainer
3 days ago

Looks like I will be out that medal forever. I will never complete the race…sigh

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 3 days ago

Woohoo, I have it 😀

• Liked by
Cancel
1 3 days ago

Zedakah is definitely ready for the “Gym Boss”

Mod
3 days ago

Dang straight, lol

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 3 days ago

All it really indicates is that I needed to prestige gyms up to have any chance of keeping them more than an hour. Since prestigers are likely useless now, it doesn’t prepare me for the gym rework

• Liked by
Cancel